The Australian Licensed Aircraft Engineers’ Association (ALAEA) is a federally registered Australian organisation that represents the industrial, technical and professional interests of Licenced Aircraft Maintenance Engineers (LAMEs). Formed in 1964, ALAEA’s membership includes most LAMEs employed in regular public transport and regional airlines, and has widespread coverage of LAMEs in General Aviation right across Australia. Read more about ALAEA
Steve Purvinas, Federal Secretary
- Annual Staff Engagement Survey 3 April, 2018
- Notice 007/2018 – QANTAS LAME MEMBERS – 20TH DAY PAYOUTS 29 March, 2018
- The Australian Licenced Aircraft Engineers Association Scheduled Election E2017/277 23 March, 2018
- Notice 006/2018 – John McLean Funeral Details 21 March, 2018
- Notice 005/2018 – ALL MEMBERS – Former President Paul Cousins 14 March, 2018
- A320 B1.1 Type Instructors wanted. 22 March, 2018
- Airbus A319/A320/A321 – V2500 (B1/B2) Theory & POC April 2018 1 February, 2018
- ALAEA APP – Coming Soon 5 September, 2017
- Federal Executive Councillors Post Election Report 21 September, 2016
- Cobham Line Maintenance Members 6 September, 2016
Fair Work (Registered Organisations) Act 2009
Nominations are called for:
- Federal Secretary (1)
- Assistant Federal Secretary (1)
- Federal President (1)
- Senior Vice President (1)
- Vice President (1)
- Trustee (2)
- Federal Executive Councillor – Qantas Airways (6)
- Federal Executive Councillor – Virgin Australia or its Maintenance and Repair Organisation provider (2)
- Federal Executive Councillor – Helicopter Sector (1)
- Federal Executive Councillor – Qantas controlled or aligned Regional Airlines (1)
- Federal Executive Councillor – Regional Airlines (1)
- Federal Executive Councillor – General Aviation Operators (1)
- Federal Executive Councillor – Staff Classifications (1)
Written nominations which comply with the Association’s rules open on 23 March 2018 and must reach the Returning Officer not later than 12:00 noon AEST on 13 April 2018. Late nominations will not be received. Prospective candidates should verify their financial status and any other eligibility requirements prior to lodging their nomination.
Nominations cannot be withdrawn after 12:00 noon AEST on 13 April 2018.
A Nomination form appears on the reverse of this notice; additional Nomination forms are available on request from my office or the Association.
Candidates may submit a statement limited to 250 words in support of their candidature to be included with ballot material. Statements should be submitted to the Returning Officer as a word document either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via post on CD/USB. Only statements which comply with the Association’s rules and are received by the Returning Officer prior to 12:00 noon AEST on 13 April 2018 will be published. To assist candidates, a standard “Candidate Statement Form” and “Method of counting words for Candidate Statements” are available for use at www.aec.gov.au (link).
HOW TO LODGE NOMINATIONS
By Post: Renee Damasena, AEC Returning Officer, PO Box 496, Haymarket NSW 1240
By Hand: AEC, Level 10, 59 Goulburn Street, Haymarket NSW 2000
By Fax: (02) 6215 9910
By Email: A properly completed nomination form including all necessary signatures and
attachments may be scanned and submitted as a pdf file to email@example.com
PLEASE NOTE: Emails to the AEC inbox that appear to be spam may be blocked. Emails greater than 6 MB in size may not be accepted by the AEC’s firewall. It is the responsibility of senders to ensure that their email reaches the AEC before the deadline for nominations. You may call the contact number provided to check.
A postal ballot if required, will open on 4 May 2018 and close at 10:00 am AEST on 1 June 2018.
Changed address? Advise the Organisation now.
Note: A copy of the AEC’s election report and the results can be obtained from the Association or from
the Returning Officer after the completion of the election.
Phone: 02 9375 6361
22 March 2018
Click here to download the Election Notice
Click here to download the Nomination Form
INDUSTRY EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Mortgage House have provided a special deal for ALAEA Members.
Click the image for more information