Position: Head of Airworthiness
Full time/Part time/Casual: Full time
Closing Date: 22 December 2019
Contact Name: Justin Marr
Phone number: 0400 964 594
Other relevant details: Head of Airworthiness
The Royal Flying Doctor Service of Australia (RFDS) is one of the largest and most comprehensive aeromedical organisations in the world. Using the latest in aviation, medical and communications technology, we deliver extensive health care and 24-hour emergency service to those who live in and travel through remote, rural and regional Australia.
Royal Flying Doctor Service (South Eastern Section) is now seeking applications for the full-time position of Head of Airworthiness (HoA) based in the Sydney office.
Working directly with the General Manager Aviation and working collaboratively with the Head of Engineering, the HoA is the Responsible Manager for Continuing Airworthiness of the RFDS SE fleet. The HoA is responsible to provide continuing airworthiness management services for all nominated RFDS aircraft listed under the RFDS SE Air Operators Certificate.
This senior role is ideal for someone who has very strong managerial, leadership and communication skills with comprehensive knowledge of the regulations and standards applicable to airworthiness of aircraft. The ideal candidate has the desire to work in a rewarding, complex and challenging environment. This exciting role offers an attractive salary package including access to generous salary packaging options.
To be considered for this position you must:
- Hold or have held an aircraft engineer licence (B1, B2 or C) or have qualification in one of the following fields: diploma in aviation maintenance management, diploma in engineering (aeronautical, avionics, mechanical, electrical, electronics)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a managerial position (in a similar capacity) or 2 years’ experience in managerial position provided he or she has at least an additional 3 years’ experience in civil aircraft maintenance (ideally on Beechcraft King Air aircraft).
- Currently holds or has held the regulatory approval of Head of Aircraft Airworthiness and Maintenance Control (HAAMC) or an approved Continuing Airworthiness Manager.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the regulations and standards applicable to airworthiness of aircraft authorised to operate under the AOC;
- Knowledge of the aircraft’s certification basis, the aircraft’s structure and systems, including the propulsion system.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the minimum equipment list (MEL)
- Working knowledge of computer-based maintenance systems such as IAS and Rusada nGen
- Experience in developing a Part 42 Continuing Airworthiness Maintenance Organisation’s (CAMO) Exposition
- Experience working in aeromedical environment
- Skilled in the preparation and presentation of budgets and reports in a concise and logical manner
- Understanding of Quality Management Systems (ISO 9001:2015).
- Eligibility to hold an Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC)
- Intermediate computer skills in the use of Microsoft Office applications
- Be prepared to travel to other RFDS bases and other regional and remote locations
For more details about the position and to discuss your interest, please contact General Manger Aviation– Justin Marr via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone: 0400 964 594
To apply: Email your cover letter and CV to email@example.com
Applications close 22nd December 2019
Any published closing dates are estimated, the RFDS SE aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
RFDSSE is an equal opportunity employer