The Association is non-political. There are no affiliations with any political party and members are not permitted to use the Association for political purposes.
A liaison is maintained, where necessary, with all political parties and, if the need arises, the Association will lobby either Government or Opposition members to further the interests of all the ALAEA’s members.
The ALAEA is a pre-eminent aviation industry organisation that is actively involved in civil aviation regulatory, training and education issues and liases actively with Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) including participating as a member of the Standards Consultative Committee (SCC). The ALAEA is also represented on the Aerospace Industry Industry Training Advisory Board.
The ALAEA is affiliated with:
• Australian Council of Trade Unions (ACTU)
• Unions NSW (formerly the NSW Labor Council)
• International Transport Workers Federation (ITF)
• Aircraft Engineers International (AEI)
• International Federation of Airworthiness (IFA)
• Victorian Trades Hall Council